Annual Membership Fee
Membership fees may be paid for at any regular meeting through cash or check made payable to G.N.O.B.S.
Membership applications are available at most meetings and events. You may also download a membership application by clicking the following link.
Membership Privileges, Rights, Resources, and Responsibilities:
Membership in the Greater New Orleans Bromeliad Society grants access to the following privileges, rights, and resources:
- Society members may bring a motion before the general membership or board.
- Society members may engage in debate on any subject brought before the general membership.
- Society members may vote on any motion brought before the general membership.
- Society members may formalize a petition to bring before the general membership or board.
- Society members may run for and hold office on the society board of directors.
- Society members may establish, chair, and serve on committees for the society.
- Society members may attend regular meetings, board meetings, and all society events.
- Society members may bring guests and invite visitors to our regular meetings.
- Society members may participate in the plant raffle and be eligible for door prizes at our regular meetings.
- Society members may bring plants for "Show And Tell" at our regular meetings.
- Society members may enter plants in our annual show.
- Society members may sell plants at our annual show and fundraisers.
- Society members gain access to our extensive library available upon request.
Membership in the Greater New Orleans Bromeliad Society carries with it the following responsibilities:
- Society members must pay an annual membership fee.
- Society members are expected to regard fellow members with respect, good faith, and confidence.
- Society members are expected to volunteer and contribute whenever possible.
- Society members are expected to cultivate an atmosphere of comradery and fellowship.
COVID - 19 Response:
The Greater New Orleans Bromeliad Society has taken the COVID - 19 pandemic seriously and has adapted its policies in accordance to the recommendations of the CDC and local authorities and will continue to do so. We conduct remote meetings, maintain social distancing, conduct open air events and meetings, enforce face mask policies, and limit attendance as needed.